Yeast infections can be pretty scary, especially if you’ve never had one before because you don’t really know what to expect. No doubt you’ve seen commercials for treatments or known someone that suffered from them, but there is still a lot of mystery surrounding them. For instance, everyone isn’t aware of their main causes.
A human vagina has yeast naturally, but there are also special bacteria which make the whole thing balanced. However, certain things can knock the balance off kilter. Here are some of the most causes of that imbalance, which may lead to contracting yeast infections.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy often changes the amount of estrogen in the body. Changes in estrogen are one of the principal causes of yeast infections.
- Use of Antibiotics: Antibiotics by name are designed to control bacterial infections and other organisms that may be causing you harm in the body but these medicines can’t tell the difference between good bacteria and bad bacteria. They may attack the good bacteria in your body, including in your vagina, and cause a yeast infection.
- Weakened Immune System: An immune system that’s not working its best can cause a host of problems in the body. This type of illness is one such problem that may be caused if you have a weak immune system or a type of immune disorder.
- Diabetes: This ailment may cause an infection. This becomes even more true if you are unaware you have diabetes or if you don’t manage it very well. In other words, if you have a problem with your blood sugar levels and still don’t eat proper foods, you’re more likely to contract one.
- Oral Birth Control Pills: A major component of this type of pill is usually a synthetic type of estrogen. Changes in estrogen levels are known to cause yeast infections in many.
- Certain Types of Steroids: Different types of steroids can cause infections as well. This is sometimes because people taking these prescriptions have other problems, such as a suppressed immune system.
- Menstrual Cycles: Again, estrogen plays a large role in the female menstrual cycle, so you are likely to have yeast infection when estrogen levels are raised in the body.
Other Minor Causes
Other ways you can get this type of infection are activities of a sexual nature. It’s possible to contract a yeast infection during intercourse, although it’s not inevitable. In fact, an individual that has never had sex can still get a yeast infection.
Additionally, if there has been an injury of the genitals or vulva, there is a greater chance of getting an infection.
It is recommended by health professionals that you wear underwear made of natural materials to lessen your risk because manmade materials, especially when they are too tight, may cause problems. This is especially the case in young girls.
Since yeast infections are not considered a sexually transmitted disease, there is no reason to be embarrassed if you get one. It can really happen to anyone; it’s just more likely to happen to women.
In men, the causes are not as concrete. It is thought that a possible cause may be through sex, but again, this will not always happen. It’s also possible that men may get this kind of infection by taking antibiotics. Moreover, it could be an issue if they don’t wash their genitals regularly or are uncircumcised.
The first thing to do when you think you have a problem of this type is to visit online websites to check your symptoms. If you have burning or itching and thick discharge, you should visit your local drugstore or grocery store next.
It’s up to you to decide how you want to treat the problem, but there are 3 basic ways to do so.
You can visit your doctor to get a prescription to treat the problem, although in many instances, such a strong medicine is not needed.
You can also pick up a solution over-the-counter to treat the problem. This method can solve the problem quick, but doesn’t keep the infection from coming back.
The third option is a natural solution, meaning there are no strong medicines or drugs to take or rub on your body. One popular solution is found in the electronic book, Yeast Infection No More, which also offers a guarantee that the infection stays away.
Whichever method you choose may be able to help you and you won’t know until you try some of them out for yourself.
Although you often hear tales of yeast infections, you don’t always hear about what their causes are. When you’re aware of the most likely causes, it will be easier to shift your behavior to lessen your chances of getting them. For instance, you can limit your use of antibiotics or birth control or manage your diabetes properly. You can also change the type of underwear you buy and keep a record of your menstrual cycle.
If you do contract a yeast infection, there is no need to get anxious. Many times, they can be cured in the privacy of your home or through the use of all natural methods. You can find one widely-used method at www.yeastinfectionnomore.com.
However, if you’d feel more comfortable going to the doctor, that is also perfectly normal and they should be able to help. They might also be able to give you advice, or alert you to other potential health problem you may be experiencing that is causing you to get yeast infections, especially if they’re persistent or show up quite frequently.
It is important to keep an open mind and not think that this is a sexual disorder, because it can happen to anyone. There are even babies that may get yeast infections soon after they are born. It’s a simple imbalance that has to be fixed, which is quite easy to accomplish and will happen to many people in their lifetime.